Deepfields & Coseley Station was opened by the LNWR in 1852 only to close
exactly fifty years later in 1902. Coseley Station in its present setting opened in 1902 400
metres further down the track from the original station. At grouping the station came under
LMS control. The original station buildings, however, have long-since been replaced except for
the waiting room on the Wolverhampton platform which used to be a ticket office.
Above-left we are on the Birmingham platform looking towards Tipton
through the Gough Street road overbridge. Above-right we are in the same spot but this time
looking towards Wolverhampton. In terms of through traffic, Coseley is a very busy spot as it
is on the main line to, and through, Wolverhampton and every couple of minutes all manner of
express and goods trains can be seen passing through.
Above-left we are at the top of the entrance pathway to the Wolverhampton
platform looking across the station towards the small Birmingham platform waiting room.
Above-right we are on the Birmingham platform looking across at the waiting rooms on the
Wolverhampton platform which have survived rebuilding of the rest of the station. The station
itself is served by the half-hourly Centro service from
Wolverhampton through Birmingham Snow Hill to Coventry.