Above is the entrance to Blakedown Station from Mill Lane in July 2003.
The Station opened in 1852 as Churchill Station, its name later changing to Curchill &
Blakedown Station before finally Blakedown Station as it is today. The station today is
to all intents and purposes an unstaffed halt between Hagley and Kidderminster.
Above-left we see the sight that greets visitors to Blakedown as they
walk down Mill Lane from the Birmingham Road. The level crossing is controlled by the signal
box shown in the above-right photograph, the signalman being the only staff in post at the
site. It is interesting to note that the signal box still displays the nameplate 'Churchill
and Blakedown Signal Box'.
Above-left we see the view looking towards Hagley and above-right
the view from the same spot looking towards Kidderminster with the level crossing and
signal box at the far end of the platforms.